Monday, February 24, 2014

No bokeh for me, yet some unexpected beauty.

Over my lunch hour I drove to the local botanical gardens to attempt to capture a photo containing 'foreground bokeh'.  (This was one of the current DPChallenge photo challenges.) 

So there I was, out in the bitter cold, trying to capture a beautiful blur in the photo's foreground with something fantastically in focus in the background.  Unsurprisingly, very few had wandered through the gardens and I got a pretty decent workout walking through knee-high snow.  Surprisingly (to me) however, there was a lot of beauty.

Also probably unsurprising was my lack of success.  It will be interesting to see what other folks enter, even a Google image search did not give me many ideas to emulate.  But I figured that flowers make for pretty background bokeh, so maybe if I found something pretty off in the distance then I could get my foreground out-of-focus.

Nope.  Not even close. 

But I did get a few shots that I liked.




See on and stay warm!
Julee

No comments:

Post a Comment