Sunday, December 29, 2013

Kite skiing and photographing toys. One big weekend.

My husband recently got a new kite for kite skiing.  Despite bitter temperatures and the quick onset of nearly 50 mph wind gusts, he went out on Saturday to Lake Kampeska for some skiing.

 
He had some grand success, although once the winds began to get gusty he called it a day.  Then I was called in and my job was to keep the kite from flying away while he got unhooked and prepped to roll up the kite. 
 
 

Here is my best shot of the winds rolling in.

 
Brrrrr.  It was quite cold by the time we got back to the car.  This whole week is supposed to be bitterly cold in most of South Dakota - and it started today (Sunday).  I suspect I will not do a lot of outside work since I really do not like temperatures below zero. 
 
I did some photography today by working up a creative photograph of a toy for a DPChallenge.  I think it's kind of cute.  Lighting seems decent, no obvious flaw except for one dust spot that was so faint I decided just to leave it.
 

I also finished my Thank You photo for my nephews.
 
 
 
 
Happy Monday to all!
 
See on,
Julee


No comments:

Post a Comment