Monday, November 19, 2012

Day 1. Midwest Ethanol Plant

I work in Brookings, SD, right on the east end of town.  From work I have an excellent view of countryside.   And while I often think the rural views are a bit more bland than the brightly colored, chaotic crowdedness, and constantly changing views in a big city, nothing quite compares to a peaceful, earthy scene that goes on for 10 miles.  On stressful days at work, a step outside and a mile walk along the edge of farmland does wonders for calming an anxious mind.

This fall has been a particularly spectacular year for colorful sunrises and sunsets.  Unfortunately, my limited photography skills keep me from getting pictures that truly do them justice, but I did get this neat pictures of the local ethanol plant right at sunrise from the parking lot at work.


(Those of you with a better eye than me, or with more practice framing pictures could share with me how I could better crop this photo.  I wasn't sure what to do.  I tried making a print of a photograph similar to this one and it printed really poorly.  Not enough contrast in the dark areas?  How can I take the picture differently to get a better result?)

No comments:

Post a Comment