Thursday, January 2, 2014

Frozen.

The high temperatures today were around -5.  Brrrrr. 

I drove around for a bit over the lunch-hour to give my car a chance to warm up, and during the drive I came across a lovely tree all shrouded in white.


I am still trying to figure out how the fisheye lens works, and this tree seemed like a perfect subject for practicing.  That first shot is probably overexposed, but I like the colors.  The white is very bright, and the framing is nice, but the fisheye effect isn't very strong.

This second shot has a stronger fisheye look, and the exposure is probably closer to correct, but I don't love it quite as much as that first shot.  The wild, bendy branch is cool, but I find that bit of a tree off to the left to be a little distracting.


We are in for a windy two days followed by even colder temperatures.  I'll be keeping my eyes open and my camera battery charged.

See on,
Julee

No comments:

Post a Comment