Sunday, March 3, 2013

Day 77. Post Office.

With the post office in the news, and soon to be decreasing our services even more, I thought maybe taking some cool shots of our old post office building might give me happy feelings towards this entity. 

(Our local post office is only open until 5 pm weekdays, and on Saturday only from 9:30 - 11:30.  Since I work out of town, the 5 pm thing doesn't work, and those meager service hours on Saturday are pretty frustrating.  I'm not sure how they'll be able to decrease hours even more, but I suppose they'll try.)

As is typical of government buildings, especially older buildings, they are beautiful and ornate.  Even here in small town USA, the original post office building really had some character.  (The newer building, seems to have maybe 60's architecture, just one story, with primarily a reddish brick and some brown wood.  I tried to find something I could creatively photograph in the new building, but just didn't find inspiration.)

The old building however, was wonderfully interesting.


 


 

See on.
Julee

No comments:

Post a Comment