Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Day 78. Old and new.

So today is my third day of not being able to make the 45 mile drive home because of ice and wind. I know it is actually a choice, and my husband has been working until midnight, and the cats don't really care, and tons of cars in the ditch suggests the smart move is to stay put, but ANNOYING.
Plus it is super cold. Colder than March should be.  Darn global warming. Um. Maybe not.  (Although as a scientist I totally accept humans might be affecting the climate, it is just difficult to believe about the warming part after three weeks in a row of blizzardy miserableness.)
But I have worked late enough and decided to venture out for some pictures since I have kind of been slacking.  I need to change my challenge to a 3/4 of the year 365 day challenge.
Anyway, the old courthouse in Brookings got replaced a year ago. The old building was beautiful and interesting.  The new building not so much.  But you be the judge.  (I suppose the new building is more energy efficient and bigger, but the old building imparted such a feeling of history and elegance and honor.
Because I am posting from my phone, I have no control over the order of the photos.  So three pictures are of the old courthouse and one picture is our new facility for county business.  Until I can get to a computer, you will have to guess. 
See on.
Julee

1 comment:

  1. Fantaѕtic blog уou have heгe but ӏ was curious
    about if уou knеw of any message boaгds that сοvег the ѕame
    topics talked аbout in this aгticle?

    I'd really love to be a part of group where I can get feedback from other knowledgeable people that share the same interest. If you have any suggestions, please let me know. Appreciate it!

    My page; flute

    ReplyDelete