Saturday, January 5, 2013

Day 41. Ski.

My husband and I have our ski trip of the year coming up. Three glorious days at Lutsen Mountain.  Today we decided to trek to the local ski skill, Great Bear to make sure we could still ski.  It is a small hill, but can still be fun.  As a firmly intermediate skier, I appreciate that at Great Bear I can go down even the black diamond runs with ease.

(It was a bit of a shock the first time I tried a black diamond run at Lutsen Resort a couple of years ago.  I could do it, but it wasn't pretty.  It probably won't be any prettier this year, although I learned from my visit to Big Sky that a lesson on the first day is helpful.  So I will take a lesson first thing while my husband goes off and plays on the big slopes.)

My desire for today's picture was to get my husband's skiis as they came in for a quick stop.  Since it was the end of our ski day, and the lines were getting really long, I only had once chance.  I didn't get a perfect shot, but still not bad for a first try.



And of course one of my husband, in fierce ski mode.


See on.
Julee

No comments:

Post a Comment