Friday, January 25, 2013

Day 59. Clark's Fish Camp

One of my coworkers used to live in Jacksonville so he took us out to Clark's Fish Camp tonight for dinner. It was a fabulous, authentic Florida experience.

The building was right on the edge of the water. It had low ceilings and pretty much felt like you were on a boat. But the boat was filled with Christmas lights, hundreds of taxidermied animals, and a live alligator.  Awesome.

I was very brave and tried alligator tail, conch, and frog legs.  All of it fried and perfectly delicious.  I also tried boudin.  Some sort if sausage made by soaking the meat in pig's blood.  (I was told not to Google until after trying it.). It was okay, but I am not a big fan of regular sausage so it probably wasn't destined to be a favorite.

Here are some pics from my experience.

1 comment:

  1. what a cool experience:) The 3rd photo gets my vote for the photo of the day. Great angle and sharp contrast give it extra interest.

    ReplyDelete