Sunday, January 6, 2013

Day 42. Ice Fishing.

I visited Lake Kampeska today hoping to find something interesting going on.  It was quite a cold day with moderate wind, so there was not much activity.  Most years there are lots and lots of ice fishing houses present on the frozen lake all winter.  This year there were only five that I could see.  I suppose this is a side effect of the mild winter.

However, the sun was setting and there was one ice fishing house delightfully in the light of the setting sun.

To get to a decent picture taking zone I had to walk out on the lake.  No matter how many times I do it, it always feels weird.  Knowing that trucks drive out on the ice should give me comfort, they don't break through so certainly a person will be fine.  But I still find it a bit disconcerting each time I walk out.

But I got my shot.  Bonus, this is the first shot I have published where I did not use auto mode on the camera.  (I have been playing with programming mode and aperature and shutter priority mode for a few weeks now, but this is the first time I have liked the picture I got on manual better than a shot taken in auto.  Yeah for advancing in skills!)

 
 


See on.
Julee

No comments:

Post a Comment