Thursday, January 24, 2013

Day 58. UPS Truck in the Sky.

Fun picture of the day. A full size UPS truck on the roof of a building.  What fun.  It was on a building about a mile from the hotel (Jacksonville Hyatt Riverside). 

I went for a walk after lunch and was surprised at how little was really in downtown Jacksonville.  There was virtually no shopping, and many buildings appeared empty.  There was a very large courthouse and police headquarters/detention center, plus one condominium and several big banks and hotels. But not a lot else.  A few blocks past the police building was a cool Maxwells sign that I liked. So I got a shot of that. 

Then I took a route along the pier back to the hotel where I saw some manatee encounter instructions.  Manatees this far inland?  Interesting.  Or do the boats head out to the ocean and that is why the posted instructions?

See on.
Julee

No comments:

Post a Comment